Medical Services for Children
For children with serious illnesses, AuthoraCare Collective offers a variety of medical services through its unique Kids Path program.
Kids Path’s goal is to enhance the quality of life for seriously ill children, teens and those who share their lives. Our staff work closely with the child’s family and physician to coordinate care.
CAP/C Case Management
For patients who are enrolled in Community Alternatives Program for Children (CAP/C), our Kids Path nurses serve as the case manager and assist with identifying care needs. Our case manager will develop a plan of care to meet your child’s needs while monitoring and coordinating the services and supplies in that plan of care through the CAP/C program.
We offer supportive services for parents who are expecting a baby with a life-threatening condition at, or shortly after, birth.
Perinatal services include:
- Assistance with addressing goals during pregnancy, delivery and the time following the baby’s birth.
- Supportive counseling for parents and siblings.
- Access to resources and referrals as needed.
- Assistance with the creation of memories and keepsakes.
- Plan of care for the baby at home if desired.