What is Hospice?
Hospice is expert, in-home medical care for people who are no longer seeking a cure for their advanced illness; instead, hospice focuses on achieving comfort for mind, body and spirit.
With pain and symptoms well managed, hospice patients are often able to enjoy more precious, quality time doing what they love. Care is not reserved just for the patient, however; hospice is unique in that it addresses emotional well-being and spiritual peace for the entire family as well.
AuthoraCare Collective serves patients wherever they call “home”
—in private residences, long-term care communities or one of our inpatient hospice facilities: Beacon Place or The Hospice Home.
Wherever a patient resides, they receive the same compassionate care, including:
- Expert pain and symptom management.
- Medicine related to the life-limiting illness.
- Medical equipment and supplies related to the life-limiting illness.
- On-call nursing assistance available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Spiritual care, if they choose.
- Volunteer support, if they choose.
- Help with advance directives (health care power of attorney and living will).
- Grief counseling for children and adults.
- Nursing and social work consultation for out-of-town family members by phone or email.
- Hospice aide and homemaker services.
- Short-term inpatient care for pain and symptom management.
- Short-term respite care.
- Any other Medicare-covered services needed to manage your terminal illness and related conditions as recommended by your hospice team.
Your Circle of Care
With AuthoraCare, each patient and family has a whole team of experts to guide care for mind, body and spirit. This interdisciplinary team includes the attending physician, hospice physician, registered nurses, hospice aides, volunteers, a social worker, a chaplain and a bereavement counselor.
It’s your story, supported by our expert care.
“My family and I were extremely pleased with the care my mother received during her hospice stay at Beacon Place. Everyone, including the doctor, nurses, nursing assistants, social workers, volunteers, security and housekeeping staff were wonderful. All were very courteous, caring, informative and supportive. I especially enjoyed walking, swinging and meditating in the garden at Beacon Place. It was a great stress reliever. Thanks so much for everyone’s thoughtfulness.The loved one of an HPCG patient
“They listened to us, explained the series of events and were very caring and compassionate with Mama. They made her last days comfortable and were very supportive… I wish we had been made aware of their services earlier.”— The daughter of a patient
Do you think you or your loved one could benefit from a hospice care consultation?
Contact us for more informationBurlington | 336.532.0100 Greensboro | 336.621.2500