Volunteering at AuthoraCare Collective is all about making a difference in the lives of others. Whether they’re visiting with a patient or providing administrative support, our volunteers enrich the lives of patients and families every day. It all matters:
Direct Patient Care
- Visit with patient/family on a regular basis for companionship and emotional support.
- Stay with patient for short periods of time to provide relief for caregivers.
- Run errands or provide transportation.
Kids Path Program Support
- Run errands and provide relief to caregivers of Kids Path clients and patients.
- Help with Camp Cardinal, an annual camp for grieving children.
- Teens aged 14-18 can participate in monthly meetings to learn valuable lessons about hospice and complete hands-on projects with their peers. Full training is required before attending. Teens can graduate to become an adult volunteer and serve in many ways.
- Volunteer at our Hospice Thrift Store! We have ongoing needs for drivers for our trucks, sorters, fix-it folks, cashiers, sales people and much more.
- Provide help in sign-in table, traffic direction, ushering and greeting at special events such as Light Up A Life or Corks for Kids Path.
- Assist with health fairs and events in the community to increase awareness of volunteer opportunities and hospice services.
- Tend gardens and grounds around our campus to promote a year-round atmosphere of serenity and natural beauty for visitors and residents.
- Host a special occasion at one of our inpatient facilities such as an ice cream social, cookout or cookies and punch.
- Prepare home-cooked meals for our families.